zone alarm

aboutit 16:38 25 Feb 05

I have zone alarm pro installed Up to now I have had no problems but as from yesterday I cannot get onto any web sites., but when I shut down Zone alarm everythings o.k. I haven`t changed any settings and I can`t see what is wrong can anyone advise me as to what the problem can be?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:43 25 Feb 05

I know this may appear simple but is your ZA icon set to stop all internet activity and showing a red padlock symbol in the system tray?

aboutit 16:47 25 Feb 05

No it isn`t

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:50 25 Feb 05

Oh, and what are Internet and Trused Zone Security settings set at?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:55 25 Feb 05

Also, in ZA Select Overview|Preferences.

In the General area, clear the check box Load Zone Labs security software at startup.

A warning dialog labeled Zone Labs TrueVector Service opens.

Click Allow.

Restart your computer, then try to connect to the Internet.

aboutit 16:59 25 Feb 05

I haven`t changed any settings. I can connect to the internet and open my home page but when I try to open any other page such as pc advisor it just hangs

Modo 17:44 25 Feb 05

Here is the quick & silly solution but it works.

Uninstall and immediately reinstall after the reboot. It will redetect all your connections for you.

If you know ZA inside out you shouldn't need to do this. ZA is a bit tricky especially if you've accidentally miscustomised the settings!!!

aboutit 17:56 25 Feb 05

I have now uninstalled zone alarm pro which I had paid for and installed the free version and no problem suppose I will have to do with that but I have heard its quite good anyway

Modo 18:05 25 Feb 05

Why not put the Full pro version back?

As long as you have got the key you just download - or preferably always keep a copy of the download in a folder with all your other downloads a text file with the product keys alongside them, that folder in a separate partition - enter the key at Overview - Product Info.

If you haven't got your product key use System restore to go back to when you had Pro installed --copy the product key--- and then come back to where you are now!!!!

aboutit 18:07 25 Feb 05

I tried putting the full pro back after uninstall but it was just the same . I also uninstalled and used the back up disc but again I had the same problem

Modo 18:15 25 Feb 05

Which version are you on. It should be 5 5 062 011

It is always worth saving the Zone Alarm updates to a file. I keep about the last 4 or 5 updates. Then whenever a new version starts looking like causing trouble - a fairly common occurrence - I revert to the previous version that was working OK. Inevitably the next update comes quite quickly and of course the problem no longer occurs.

The current version seems pretty stable. But Za can clash with AV (Norton especially) and Windows Updates. Did it start after all the XP updates of Feb9?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…