zone alarm

mr molly 09:51 10 Sep 04

when i first log on net i get box that appears from zone alarm saying:; F.EXE wants to conect to internet 'allow or deny' destination IP 195.92.195.94:DNS.
i dont know what it is so i deny i have tryed searching but cant find what it is any help please. wonderd if it is not bad must be something i should allow but not sure.

spikeychris 10:07 10 Sep 04

Run a full AV test.

Diemmess 10:25 10 Sep 04

My guess is that f.exe is a dialler trojan thingy.

Zone alarm has stopped it running, but only an AV programme will delete it.

mr molly 10:50 10 Sep 04

i have run avg just now & on many other ocassions picked nothing up also spybot, adware, nothing picked up either

spikeychris 11:02 10 Sep 04

click here and give it a whirl.

Diemmess 11:03 10 Sep 04

Trusting to my memory it depends on your courage now ----

What I may have done in the past was to run the file search routine and type f.exe into the search box.

Then have the courage to delete every instance which is found!

Again from memory it is likely that you will find only one, and on drive c:

If you have a satisfactory system image/backup arrangement then use it first, but I think this single letter exec. program in your case "f.exe" is significant because only mischievous progs. have so small a name. Deleteing it will not stir anything else.

mr molly 11:15 10 Sep 04

have tryed search nothing comes up F.EXE

keith-236785 11:21 10 Sep 04

when it ask you to accept/deny access, put a tick in "remember this answer" or whatever the wording is, then zonealarm will protect you from this silently.

i know it isnt the proper answer,but removing the issue but its as good as.

2neat 12:40 10 Sep 04

bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:22 10 Sep 04

When f.exe tries to connect press ctrl+alt+del to run task manager what applications are shown running? Click on processess tab what processess are running?

bretsky 16:34 10 Sep 04

It looks like an MSDOS based cad program, if the file is in upper case F.EXE and not f.exe click here and click here and click on the link MuP21 microprocessor.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…