//some 3rd party need geo

Zone Alarm??

neghness 14:55 14 Jun 04

hey!
i was just wondering, after reading a lot of old and new posts, why on earth ZA causes so problems on people PC's, and if its a worthwhile investment. is there any point me getting it for my computer when i get my own i-net connection, or is there a similar program, that isn't likely to cause me any headaches??
by the way, my budget is £0, so its gotta be a freebie.

Fruit Bat 15:14 14 Jun 04

Zone alarm is free, easy to use, and causes very little problems if set up correctly. Have had it for years without any problems.

Most of the probllems are because the firewall is doing its job properly and blocking access to from PCs and people are trying to network etc, without telling the Zonealarm prog to allow access.

As free therefore no tech support from Zonelabs so people come here for advice.

ZA is better than most firewalls you have to pay for.

You cannot afford to be without a firewall, antivirus software and spyware blockers in todays sad world of computing.

/\0/\

Stuartli 15:19 14 Jun 04

Although there have been some complaints about ZA5, the latest version of the firewall in freeware form, I've had no problems with it and have used ZA for several years.

As you would be installing a clean version you should have no problems - just ensure that it is properly configured.

And yes, you should install a firewall on your system + SpywareBlaster, Search and Destroy 1.3, Ad-aware 6 and, for a free anti-virus utility, AVG is as good as most (plus regular updating.....:-))

In all cases you should ensure, as with ZA, that the configuration is properly sorted first.

neghness 16:26 14 Jun 04

any other bits of software you guys and gals think i need?? i'm getting my connection in 2 to 3 weeks, so i want to get straight on and get every thing i need ASAP
thanks

johnsims 16:35 14 Jun 04

For the best in Zone Alarm support go to the Zone Alarm Forum, accessed from the support page of click here

Would strongly suggest not getting version 5 until they sort the bugs out. An earlier thread gave locations for downloading ZA 4.5 and a search for zone alarm 4.5 download should find it.

spuds 21:34 14 Jun 04

Install ZoneAlarm,SpywareBlaster,AdAware,SpyBot and AVG. That combination should well and truly cover your security and computer protection.And above all, they are all free.

Remember though, that to give full or adequate protection, regular checks for the latest updates is essential.

If you want to browse through some information and perhaps select some downloads, check this site out click here

Fruit Bat 21:44 14 Jun 04

Anti Virus :-
avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Indivual virus removers:_
Stinger click here
Microworld click here

Trend Online Check click here

Firewalls :-
Kerio2 click here
Sygate click here
ZoneAlarm click here

Anti Spyware :-
Spywareblaster click here
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
CW Shredder click here

accord 22:08 14 Jun 04

click here you will find EVERYTHING in this thread, its superb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…