Zone alarm

Lasse 16:09 17 Nov 03

I installed zone alarm yesterday. After I installed the programme I could not access our network. We have 2 computers on a LAN connecting to the internet through a router. I should add the IP address of the second computer. Where do I find this. I have used Norton Internet Security, and that was easy because there was a wizard to do it. I would like to try Zone Alarm so has anybody any ideas.

Art 216 16:13 17 Nov 03

Hi Lasse.

Zone alarm for single Pc. only?
Cheers de Art

Proxy Worm 17:07 17 Nov 03

As Art 216 said its is only for one pc, get Norton or Mcafee if you want to install in into a network!

howard60 21:05 17 Nov 03

just set the firewall to medium for internet and low for trusted. I find I need to set the IP addresses manually. 192 - 168 - 0 - 1 for the main pc and sub mask 255 - 255 - 255 - 0 set the other pcs to 0 - 2 and 0 - 3 etc. and then have zone alarm only on the main pc. then click on add IP address and enter the no. of the other pcs. in the other pcs set the main pcs number as the gateway and dns.

Lasse 19:05 19 Nov 03

My network works fine now. I have installed zone alarm on both computers and set the IP adresses on both computers. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…