Zone alarm

JoJoh 09:28 23 Oct 03

I downloaded the free version of zone alarm. It automatically configured my I.E however all of the emails and I.E use in my office run through my Mailgate post office. I could not work out how to configure it so that it applies to Mailgate. Has anybody done this?

Stuartli 09:32 23 Oct 03

How did ZA automatically configure IE?

You need to authorise any initial website or program access.

Might be worth disabling the e-mail check in ZA through the E-Mail Protection tab and see if this works.

JoJoh 09:42 23 Oct 03

It automatically configured itself and said that it found I.E. I dont think that by unchecking the automatic email protection it will configure itself for mailgate postoffice. Thanks anyway

Stuartli 09:50 23 Oct 03

Then you'd better look here then...:-)

click here

ZA by default lists the range of programs on your system but, as I stated, the initial web access always has to be authorised - and on every subsequent occasion unless you ask ZA to remember the instruction.

Stuartli 09:51 23 Oct 03

I am, of course, referring to individual programs in above posting.

JoJoh 09:58 23 Oct 03

Thanks for the reply. When I requested automatic configuration, it automatically detected I.E. I however need it to protect my Mailgate Postoffice as all post and Internet connections on my network run through this. I do not think that unchecking the email protection tab will effect Mailgate. I am running Win98 SE

JoJoh 20:24 29 Oct 03

Thanks for the details on Mailgate. I will try it this weekend. Without this info it would have been impossible for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…