ZLT001c9.tmp

ragbag 12:37 05 Sep 05

Hi
I have this file amongst my temp files. It is always at the bottom and I cannot delete it because 'it is being used by another person or program'. It blocks my being able to 'select all' and delete the contents of the temp folder, forcing me to individually delete each entry.
I have tried to get rid of it in safe mode, but as soon as I'm back in normal mode there is the file again in its blocking position.
Even if I try and get of it by stopping most background programs, I have the feeling it will return to haunt me.
Any suggestions please?
ragbag

mattyc_92 12:38 05 Sep 05

Have you installed anything lately? e.g. a game

dave_and_confused 12:40 05 Sep 05

It's a temporary file created by Zone Alarm - leave it because you need it. I have one called ZLT07ff3.TMP

pj123 13:00 05 Sep 05

The only one I have which I can't delete is zlt00378.tmp which is in C:\windows\temp. As the size is 0 and it doesn't appear to be doing any harm, leave it. I can still block delete up to that file and then block delete all after it. Select the first file then hold down the Shift key and select the file above it. Then do the same for all files below it.

ragbag 13:08 05 Sep 05

Hi
mattyc_92 - thanks response, no nothing new recently.

dave_and_confused - I wondered about ZoneAlarm it does have a familiar ring to it. If I should keep it, can I store it somewhere else so I can free up my option to delete the usual crap in one go?
Thanks
ragbag

mattyc_92 13:23 05 Sep 05

Just "Ctrl+A" the files as you usually would, and then HOLD "Ctrl" while you click onto this file (single click). This will keep EVERYTHING select appart from the file(s)/Folder(s) you select. Then just press "Delete"

ragbag 13:23 05 Sep 05

pj123 - magic thanks - its always the same, unless you have had the problem before the simple solution does not always spring to mind.
ragbag

ragbag 21:46 05 Sep 05

Thanks mattyc_92
Many thanks for the help you all gave.
ragbag

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…