zlob/trojan system found by avira

just learning 14:49 23 Jun 09

Hi please could someone tell me if i have done the right thing . I was having major problems with my laptop shutting down , files missing etc so I used the format facility and recovered the factory settings.
I downloaded Avira antivirus . Avira found this in my restore system
TR/Zlob.7687160 [trojan]' I wasnt sure if i did the right thing I deleted all but the most recent restore point . Will this have got rid of the trojan ? Is there something else i should do ? Would appreciate some advice please .
My operating system is xp home service pack 2 , I have firefox browser now and also installed adaware , windows defender and ccleaner . thank you chris

DieSse 15:46 23 Jun 09

"Will this have got rid of the trojan ?"

Not if it's in the most recent restore point!

However another scan will tell you.

You need to install SP3 and subsequent updates - many important security fixes are in them.

just learning 21:14 23 Jun 09

hi thank you for your response. I have followed your advice and downloaded service pack 3 and run avira again and the trojan was not found! I am assuming that it was in the restore points I deleted .
Thank you for your advice I will also keep automatic updates on in future !!
My laptop now seems to be running fine
regards christine

p;3 14:14 28 Jun 09

appears to be a duplicate thread
of

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…