zlip virus? PING virus? what is it?!

aedoni 22:29 14 Jan 06

I hope someone can help as I haven't been able to find a solution for this problem anywhere else on the web...

When I start my computer (Windows 2000) a zlip error box automatically flashes up and comes back immediately if closed. If I then open the corresponding entry in the taskbar the zlip screen opens and then another screen opens called 'Status: [ml7os]-1032337[+i]:6667]'. Within this screen a program seems to be running showing the following:

Welcome to the Micrsoft server [ml7os]-1008151
Your host is xx, running version 5.5.2653
This server was created...
xx 5.5.2653 aioxz...

There are 689 users and 640 invisible on 1 servers
2 operators online
9 channels formed
I have 689 clients and 0 servers

MOTD file missing

194-247-248-118.dynamic dsl.as9105.com

1 0 NTLM,ANON 512 *
Unknown mode flag

#m170a [m17os]-1008151 .xx .Linux
#m170a End of /NAMES list.

-> [[m17os]-1008151] PING

[[m17os]-1008151] PING

: 3 secs

-> [[m17os]-1008151] PING

[[m17os]-1008151] PING

: 2 secs

and so on, the screen constantly updates, varying the number of seconds. There seems to be a space to type at the bottom of the screen but nothing happens if you do. If you close the screen it simply opens again and starts from the beginning. I've tried virus scans, malware scans etc but nothing gets rid of it.

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me what this is and more importantly how to get rid of it!

Skyver 22:33 14 Jan 06

That doesn't sound good.
Download this (click here), uncheck any `options` on loading, update immediately, disconnect from the internet and run a Full Scan.

VoG II 22:35 14 Jan 06

Ditto

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen.
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked.
Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds.
Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

Also scan with a² click here

aedoni 00:07 15 Jan 06

These programs really cleaned up! Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…