ZIP programme

jtt 14:25 29 Jul 04

On my Windows 2000 PC, I can't find any sort of ZIP programme (eg Win Zip). I think I've seen it on other PCs with different versions of Windows. Did the person who installed W2000 get the installation wrong, or does it not come with W2000?

Pesala 14:31 29 Jul 04

However, you may have support for compressed folders disabled or enabled.

There are plenty of good freeware zip programs:

IZarc is a Winzip lookalike that is excellent: click here

7-zip click here produces the highest compression ratios - typically 25% better than standard zip programs.

Belatucadrus 14:45 29 Jul 04
  jtt 14:51 29 Jul 04

Thanks all,

Are all of the Zip programmes compatible with Win Zip? That is, if I send someone a Zipped file Zipped with something other than Win Zip to someone with Win Zip, will that person be able to de-compress it? Also, does the reverse work (file compressed with Win Zip, de-compressed with an alternative Zip programme)?

woodchip 15:02 29 Jul 04

You need More than a Zip Program "PowerDesk 4 or 5". I have both they was free on Mag CD's.

Belatucadrus 15:04 29 Jul 04
  woodchip 15:12 29 Jul 04

You can get the Free PowerDesk click here
If you fill the details in. IT'S NOT a TRIAL VERSION

Belatucadrus 15:15 29 Jul 04

click here for Powerdesk free version, I'd stick with a stand alone zip prog unless you want all the additional bells and whistles.

jtt 16:16 29 Jul 04

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…