ZIP files/folders

Gingermum 13:10 08 Jun 07

Using XP Home and my paid-for WinZip 7.0. A couple of months ago, all of a sudden, the zipped files started appearing on the left when using Windows Explorer and I can no longer attach them to an email in Outlook. However, I can attach them in OE. And it does this intermittently. At the moment of writing, the zipped files are not appearing as folders and I can attach them in Outlook. Not a fatal problem, just a bit irritating.
Any ideas?

brundle 17:03 08 Jun 07

Uninstall Winzip, run CCleaner to give the registry a cleanup (click Issues, save a backup before fixing problems), re-install Winzip.

CCleaner; click here
Get the `slim` or `basic` build.

Bazz2000 17:13 08 Jun 07

did you know that even when the trial expires on winzip it dosent actually stop you from using it

Gingermum 17:41 08 Jun 07

I'll give that a try when I have some time to spare. Thanks for your input brundle.

yes, I know it still works but you get the annoying window everytime you use it. Now I just right click on a file and select "Add to 'whatever.zip'" and it's done in a second. I think it's such a good useful program that I was very happy to pay, what was then, a small amount. Even programers have to eat. I have no urge to upgrade though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…