ZIP files won't download from my personal website

CLONNEN 06:52 27 Jun 04

My zip files used to quite happily download from the Save Target As dialog box. Today I have discovered that instead of a .zip extension it is appearing in the Save Target As box as .html extension. I am having to send zip files by email because none of my customers can download any of the zip files from my links. I have tried re-uploading the zip files but it is still doing it. Any ideas?

My website is hosted on some free webspace from - Have they suddenly done something to block non-html files on their webspace?

Pesala 08:51 27 Jun 04

Can you post a link to the page here?

CLONNEN 11:24 27 Jun 04

Here is what I put in the email I sent to the customer:

To get your ebook simply Right Click on the link below and select Save Target As

click here

CLONNEN 11:45 27 Jun 04

Incidentally I did wonder if there was maybe a problem with my computer but when I right-click and do Save Target As on other zip files on other websites they come up with the .zip extension and download just fine.

It is only the links that point to my webspace that are coming up with incorrect extensions.

I'm not sure but I think Prohosting have changed their server recently. I don't know how or if this has affected my website in any way. The actual main website is displaying correctly.

click here

It is only the files that don't link to any of my main website that aren't working correctly.
The zip files and the pdf files as well.

Pesala 12:05 27 Jun 04

First time I clicked on your first link, I got the Free Webhosting advert, and clicked a link to download the file. The zip file open fine, but only the *.exe file extracted correctly. The other files didn't. The Exe file was corrupt when I tried to run it.

The second time I clicked the link, the download started immediately. The third time, I got the advert again, but the download also started immediately.

The lower link leads to your webpage and, as you say, the links point to *.html files.

My only suggestion is to redo the site in a different web design program. No sign from your code of what you are using. Try NetObjects Fusion from the May PC Advisor cover disk. It is very easy to use.

CLONNEN 15:34 27 Jun 04

I'm using OpenOffice HTML editor for my website but my pdf and zip files don't go through this application.

All my files (including html, pdf and zip) get uploaded manually with FTP Genius which comes as part of the ZipGenius compression program.

I last uploaded files to my web space about two months ago and all my download links were working fine then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…