Zip Files

thumbscrew 12 Apr 11

Can anyone tell me the best way to turn zip files into MP3s?

Pineman100 12 Apr 11

Assuming that the files unzip into some sort of recognised music format, Audacity should be able to make the conversion to MP3 for you. It's free.

Click here

thumbscrew 12 Apr 11

Thanks Pineman, I've actually got Audacity on my machine but I never use it. I had one of those gizmos that purport to turn vinyl into cds, which I thought was the biggest pile of crock and the worst buy I've made for years. They amplify the surface noise...pops, crackles etc to an unlistenable degree and Audacity is needed to remove the racket (It didn't!). Anyway I digress....got it but no idea how to use it!!

Pineman100 12 Apr 11
  thumbscrew 12 Apr 11

Thanks again Pineman....great.

wee eddie 12 Apr 11

First open the "Zip" File and see what's inside.

thumbscrew 12 Apr 11

Cheers Eddie....one WMA file and ten MP3 files. None of them will open.

wee eddie 12 Apr 11

What software are you trying to open them with?

rdave13 12 Apr 11

As wee eddie suggests you need to 'extract' the zip files first. Can't beat 7-zip for a freebie; 7-zip.

rdave13 12 Apr 11

As a PS, Windows can also 'un-pack' most files to another folder. Once extracted you should be able to play these files in WMP. Suggest you downlad k-lite codecs

or media player classic

which will play anything thrown against it.

thumbscrew 13 Apr 11

Thanks very much everyone,but I think you may have overestimated my expertise! Can anyone simplify (Really simplify)what, to me is pretty impenetrable?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message