Zip Files

thumbscrew 17:27 PM 12 Apr 11

Can anyone tell me the best way to turn zip files into MP3s?

Pineman100 17:45 PM 12 Apr 11

Assuming that the files unzip into some sort of recognised music format, Audacity should be able to make the conversion to MP3 for you. It's free.

Click here

thumbscrew 17:56 PM 12 Apr 11

Thanks Pineman, I've actually got Audacity on my machine but I never use it. I had one of those gizmos that purport to turn vinyl into cds, which I thought was the biggest pile of crock and the worst buy I've made for years. They amplify the surface noise...pops, crackles etc to an unlistenable degree and Audacity is needed to remove the racket (It didn't!). Anyway I it but no idea how to use it!!

Pineman100 18:21 PM 12 Apr 11
  thumbscrew 21:33 PM 12 Apr 11

Thanks again Pineman....great.

wee eddie 21:50 PM 12 Apr 11

First open the "Zip" File and see what's inside.

thumbscrew 22:58 PM 12 Apr 11

Cheers WMA file and ten MP3 files. None of them will open.

wee eddie 23:23 PM 12 Apr 11

What software are you trying to open them with?

rdave13 23:32 PM 12 Apr 11

As wee eddie suggests you need to 'extract' the zip files first. Can't beat 7-zip for a freebie; 7-zip.

rdave13 23:44 PM 12 Apr 11

As a PS, Windows can also 'un-pack' most files to another folder. Once extracted you should be able to play these files in WMP. Suggest you downlad k-lite codecs

or media player classic

which will play anything thrown against it.

thumbscrew 18:18 PM 13 Apr 11

Thanks very much everyone,but I think you may have overestimated my expertise! Can anyone simplify (Really simplify)what, to me is pretty impenetrable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know