Zip files

Sirpad 14:53 24 Sep 05

I am trying to download PC tools but most of them come in .zip files. I remember PKUNZIP from way back. Any suggestions? Any freeware out there?
(I only have Windows 95)

MAJ 14:56 24 Sep 05

Try FreeZip, Sirpad. click here

wky 14:58 24 Sep 05

I think if you right clicked on the zip file and then select extract all should give you the files. This might be only with some windows versions. I know it works on Windows ME and XP.

Simsy 15:04 24 Sep 05

the built in zip capability came with Windows ME. It's not inherent on earlier versions.

wky 15:06 24 Sep 05

yeah didnt read that sirpad had windows 95. oops.

mattyc_92 15:09 24 Sep 05

Try "7-Zip" (click here).... It's FREE

octal 15:43 24 Sep 05

If you are used to DOS, Windows 95 does have DOS installed and you could still use your PKZIP/PKUNZIP on it if you desire, you just have to download a copy click here

Sirpad 15:59 24 Sep 05

Thanks for the tips guys....
1. As you noticed yourself WKY, the right click doesn't apply to '95...but thanks for the tip which I will be able to use when I can afford to upgrade.
2.MAJ, Matty and Octal......thanks for the links to download required tools......unfortunately this lead me to my other problem which I will add as 'QuickTime problem' on the forum in a few mins. This means I can't download anything.
3. Thanks Simsy.
Can you tell it's my first time using this forum?

octal 16:05 24 Sep 05

Welcome to the forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…