Zip Drive/Disc Query?

Effie 15:25 12 Dec 03

I have an iomega zip drive and use it to backup my college work.

This morning I saved information from the internet onto a word document in 'My documents'. I then tried to save the same document from word onto my zip disc and got the message'The location you wnat is write protected'.
I have since tried saving a saved ordinary word document from 'my documents' onto the zip disc with the same result.

(No problem though doing the reverse going from zip disc to my documents!)

Suggestions please as to how I can overcome this problem. ( Didn't think you could write protect a 100mg zip disc!?)

Thanks

Smiler 16:30 12 Dec 03

In windows explorer right click on your zip drive icon scroll to protect.. click and then select remove protection you will be asked for a password. If you cannot remove the protection because you don't know the passwrod then you need to copy all the files from the zip disk to the hard drive then format the zip disk (it will warn you that the disk is write protected), then copy the files back to the zip disk.

Effie 17:35 12 Dec 03

Hi Smiler,
Thanks for that.I never put any passwords as yet on this computer so am wondering where on earth it came up with the zip disc ever being'write protected'? ( it certainly didnt do this before today on an ordinary word document, dont know about the one where I copied stuff off the net as this was my first attempt to do so!)

Will this apply to all other my zip discs or not as they are all word documents?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…