Zip Drive Problems

recap 20:41 08 Oct 03

I am having problems with my Zip Drive's. When I try to access the drive's from My Computer the system locks up and I have to eject the disk to gain access to the computer.

If I access the drive's from Explorer, a message comes up telling me that the disk is not formatted when I know it is. I have tried to Format the disk but a message comes up (after around 5 minutes) telling me that Windows could not finish formating the disk as I do not have enough memory on my computer.

I have a mix of 3 x 250 and 3 x 100 MB disk all are not accessible. Please note I have access to two seperate Zip Drives both give the same results.

I have downloaded the latest drives and software for the drive's.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

BarryKeith 21:04 08 Oct 03
  recap 21:06 08 Oct 03

Much appreciated BarryKeith will give that a try tomorrow, will report back with the results.

recap 15:42 09 Oct 03

Thanks seekit, the O/S's are W98, W2K and Mac OS 9, they are external USB drives.

recap 15:01 10 Oct 03

Thanks again BarryKeith for your link but, unfortunately that test software doesn't even recognise the drive/s on any platform. I may write to Iomega to see if they will replace the drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…