Zip disk

Skinn 14:17 05 Feb 05

Can a standard 100mb zip disk be used on both a PC and a Mac or do you have to get a designated format? I know this is a PC forum, but what format does the Mac use?

dogtrack 08:41 06 Feb 05

Have never used a Mac, but would think that if you formatted the disk with the machine, then it would be useable on that machine...got to be worth a try, at least.

mrdsgs 09:04 06 Feb 05

when you putit into a mac you will have the option to format it.

the file format is different so you can't just move it between pc and mac unless you have some software like virtual pc on the mac

mrdsgs

gedr 11:10 06 Feb 05

I don't know if this is of any use, but I use a 128mb Disgo flash drive going from XP to iMac and back and it works perfectly well.

gedr.

Skinn 15:19 06 Feb 05

Just when you mention disgo, I recently took data of my disgo memory stick and stored it on a Mac temporarily to make room for data that I wanted to transfer from one Mac to another. When I attempted to save the new data to my memory stick from the Mac it said the "drive is full" even though there was nothing on it. I have since tried several times to save data from a Mac to it but it still says "drive is full" even though there is ample room on it.

Why is this? What can i do to fix it?

Cheers,

Skinn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…