Zilchy System Restore

hatrickj 20:31 01 Aug 06

Over the last few days, since I had difficulty in uninstalling a program I downloaded, I have had various error messages. I decided to do a system restore back to last week. I gave tried with 2 points marked as live (bold type) but each time the resore has failed. Can you help me, please.

alan2273 22:33 01 Aug 06

press F8 at boot up and select safe mode and see if it will do a system restore from there.

woodchip 22:53 01 Aug 06

Looks like System Restore Is corrupt. And only way to get it back working is to turn it off then back on. But you loose all your restore points

woodchip 22:55 01 Aug 06

That's why I use Acronis True Image. I have just restored mine made earlier today. Back up and running in 10 minutes

hatrickj 05:50 02 Aug 06

alan2273

Safe mode doesn't seem to permit it

woodchip

What is Acronis True Image?

BTW the source of all my problems was a download of Prgram checker by Zentum. One of those supposedly free but to use properly you have to register and pay! I ised Control Panel> Ass Remove but it wouldn't go and I got error 1721.

VCR97 21:19 02 Aug 06

Try MyUninstaller.
click here

woodchip 21:25 02 Aug 06

True Image is a Program that backs up your Drive Partition and things on that drive, Free space does not count when backing up it's like 0 in not a number The Backup is a Exact Image of the Partition or drive that you backup
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…