Zero responce from keyboard

whatustaring@ 14:20 09 Mar 07

Hello ive just reinstalled Xp on a old pc for my son,when i come to the desktop the pc ask's for "Cntrol Alt & Delete" to goto the password screen BUT i am getting no responce from my keyboard & eve the light for the numerical lock isnt on...?
ive looked at other websites & they ask that i take out the Bio's battery which ive done & unplugged the Hard drive..still i got nothing..can i trouble you to ask whats going on please
many thankx
"W"

€dstowe 14:27 09 Mar 07

Is this a USB keyboard?

If so, you will have to have legacy USB control from the motherboard enabled which, if the machine is old, probably won't be there or, you will have to use a PS2 connected keyboard (round plug type).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:31 09 Mar 07

If it is a USB or wireless keyboard from a HID device make sure it is plugged into a port directly off the motherboard and not a USB port on a hub or PCI card.

whatustaring@ 14:34 09 Mar 07

Hello the answer to your question is NO its NOT USB its the old type with pins its a old pc of about year 2000,ive tried another keyboard & still no responce....
hope this helps
thanks

whatustaring@ 15:19 09 Mar 07

anyone can help please...i am stuck here

Kingfisher 15:31 09 Mar 07

try starting pcin safe mode by reboting and tapping f8 it might load basic keyboard drivers
good luck

whatustaring@ 15:41 09 Mar 07

lol i appreciate your help i realy do but the whole thing i think uve missed..lol i cant put it in "Safe"mode as i cant press F8 as its the keyboard thas not working..lol but thankx for your reply & help

Kingfisher 16:10 09 Mar 07

whatustaring thanks for being polite, I will put my brain into gear before I start typing in future, sorry i cant help you with your problem

Technotiger 16:21 09 Mar 07

Hi, if more than one keyboard has the same effect, ie - none, then perhaps it is a faulty keyboard socket on the 'old' computer. Might just be a 'dry-joint' on socket or Mobo. Try wiggling the plug to see if that has any effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5