Zero for Nero #1

jack 16:20 07 Mar 05

Zero for Nero #1
System XP Pro

Following the installation of Nero 6 OEM that came with a DVD burner Nero has become trouble some.
My system did not like 6 OEM at all
I initially removed 6 and reverted to 5
Then 5 reported that wnaspi32.dll was missing and would use the system aspi
Later a more emphatic report said to get the correct one from W95/8
A plea to this forum elicited 2, one from Ahead [Nero] and a third party version.
Both of there were tried in turn, but still the ‘missing’ report persisted.
I then decided to uninstall the program and clean up and start afresh.
Guess what? The program will not uninstall using the normal Windows Add/Remove feature.
I am now contemplating removing it manually – i.e. – delete program files and editing the registry then cleaning up.
But is this the way?
And why the problem in the first place?

Modo 16:39 07 Mar 05

Have you used Nero help. they respond pretty quickly in a language that vaguely resembles English.

Nero can be quirky especially if mixed up with other burning software or editing software.

jimv7 17:13 07 Mar 05

There is a free removal tool for nero on their site.

jack 20:16 07 Mar 05

Thank you both
I am aware the Various software and clash and the XP built in is disabled [ Or was, perhaps I'd better check]

I did know about the removel tool will proceed there now.

woodchip 20:28 07 Mar 05

Try this I found it does what I want click here

jack 20:35 07 Mar 05

Thanx guys masses of tools to playwith now.
Will close this thread for now
Look out for Zero for Nero #2

alB 20:37 07 Mar 05

I had the same sort of problem recently with nero6 using windows98, when I tried to revert back to nero5 I got the same message you are getting, I managed to fix it by downloading the Winaspi program from Adaptec and running the winaspi.exe part of the download, not sure if this will work with XP but worth a look, installation instructions are on the website as PDF, does seem a different procedure to the way I did it but hopefully it should work for you...alB

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…