Zero byte files

ronalddonald 17:11 30 Jul 09

Okay when i go on the internet these files seem to block me when i use Firefox and when i try to visit different sites.

Im using gary utilities to delete them and CCleaner.

Is there way to permanently stop in windows xp home. Any other programs or free software that might help. It seems to occur within 3 minutes of surfing the net, each time i use the net.

GaT7 17:15 30 Jul 09

Where are these 'zero byte files' located? G

ronalddonald 17:22 30 Jul 09

here is one C:\Program Files\Huawei technologies\Huawei UMTS Data Card\Log

Gary utilites found it, sometimes they come under Firefox themselves.

GaT7 17:56 30 Jul 09

Why do you think these particular files are blocking you?

If it's a Huawei-related problem, have you considered posting in their forums click here|CO0000000175? G

GaT7 17:57 30 Jul 09

Better link ttp://forum.huawei.com/jive4/index.jspa?categoryID=1. G

ronalddonald 18:56 30 Jul 09

zero byte file

C:\Documents and Settings\nestle\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rmw8lvpq.default.

this has nothing to do with Huawei, each time im blocked from using firefox i run gary utilities and it finds zero byte files, i beleive it has something to do with these files

GaT7 20:11 30 Jul 09

Perhaps something in Glary utilities (GU click here) is causing the problem then? I don't have it & not getting blocked when using Firefox.

Have to tried uninstalling GU to see if that's any help?

What I cannot understand is why you think these zero byte files are responsible for the problem. In other words, what proof does GU have that they are the cause of the problem?

Never heard of anything like it before. The only things that could be blocking Firefox from some sites are your security settings, firewall, a damaged Firefox cache folder or similar. Also try deleting your browser cache or even a complete Firefox uninstall (including profile folders, etc) & reinstall to see if that helps. G

peter99co 20:16 30 Jul 09

Program Files\Huawei technologies\Huawei UMTS Data Card\Log

This seems to relate to a broadband dongle. Do you use a Dongle to connect?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now