ZA System Checkup - Free!

SB23 21:20 06 Jun 07

Just had an email asking if I wanted a free system checkup from the Zone Alarm people.

Thought I'd give it a try, now I don't know whether to laugh or cry, and be worried at the same time, lol.
My results are,

System Status - Poor
Overall Health - Critical
Overall Security - Fair (But is that because I use free ZA?)

Give it a go, see what you get?

click here

Steve

Probabilitydrive 21:26 06 Jun 07

Clicking on an e-mail link offering a free checkup?

I might be slightly over cautious but I prefer to access checkups through other channels.

SANTOS7 21:28 06 Jun 07

System status = Fair
overall security = Fair
overall health = Critical

fair amount of cobblers there then!!!!!

It's designed as a prompt to buy Iolo's System mechanic...

Technotiger 21:36 06 Jun 07

Woe - what a load of pie-in-the-sky ... never seen such piffle, and as SANTOS7 has already stated 'cobblers'
LoL

Technotiger 21:41 06 Jun 07

Oh 'woe' is me, that was meant to be Wow!

Stuartli 22:05 06 Jun 07

Sounds a bit like the style of pcpitstop.com, which I've found to be pretty good and consistent.

SB23 22:10 06 Jun 07

Probabilitydrive

Not over cautious, but as it was from ZA I thought what the hell.

SANTOS7

Yes I know your right, and I know its a ploy to get you to part with your hard earned cash, but I was curious as to what others would have as results.

SANTOS7 22:29 06 Jun 07

Not a problem there SB23 i think results posted would follow the same trend, i am always worried about these sort of diagnostic progs and the associated software, tend to run and optomise your PC the way they THINK it ought to run and not HOW it should be.
There are plenty of these types of progs but there not for me.
its a nice thread tho and you can always use the results as a guide to maybe look at whats going on, would be interesting to dramatically change a few settings just to see what another scan would come up with..

wolfie3000 22:37 06 Jun 07

Well heres mine,

Should i be worried or is it a load of tosh?

click here

Stuartli 22:40 06 Jun 07

Try PCPitstop which I mentioned earlier - at least it's honest, although there are invitations to try out some paid for suggestions in certain instances.

However, the overall test summary provided is more than sufficient and quite comprehensive.

SANTOS7 22:41 06 Jun 07

There are theories going to be passed as to whether this prog is accurate or not, IF your PC was/is running the way you want it and you feel your security is not compromised, ignore it, OR test a few theories.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple