ZA requires setting choice each time the laptop is booted

Diemmess 09:28 AM 30 Jan 13

New Network Found every time when booting the laptop! A minor nuisance but how do I retain my choice for next time?

Have a Work-a-day Desktop and a seldom used Laptop. Both have XP Pro SP3 and run email with Yahoo and Chrome. Both use Windows Security for AV protection. Desktop has Comodo firewall, the laptop uses Z Alarm, both the free versions.

I think I moved to Comodo long ago on the desktop because [for me] ZA was becoming a handful with peevish interruptions and heavy background activity which doesn't seem to be the case these days.

Diemmess 09:56 AM 30 Jan 13

More detail.

BT Home Hub, Desktop wired to Hub, Laptop wi-fi to hub

Diemmess 09:20 AM 31 Jan 13

Just in case anyone is slightly interested, I resolved the problem by removing ZA and installing Comodo instead.

Also I combed every which way to clear dormant files and other impedimenta. So far so good, except for various Comodo linked pop-ups which I hope will be clobbered as they appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X