ZA requires setting choice each time the laptop is booted

Diemmess 30 Jan 13
Answered

New Network Found every time when booting the laptop! A minor nuisance but how do I retain my choice for next time?

Have a Work-a-day Desktop and a seldom used Laptop. Both have XP Pro SP3 and run email with Yahoo and Chrome. Both use Windows Security for AV protection. Desktop has Comodo firewall, the laptop uses Z Alarm, both the free versions.

I think I moved to Comodo long ago on the desktop because [for me] ZA was becoming a handful with peevish interruptions and heavy background activity which doesn't seem to be the case these days.

Diemmess 30 Jan 13

More detail.

BT Home Hub, Desktop wired to Hub, Laptop wi-fi to hub

Diemmess 31 Jan 13
Answer

Just in case anyone is slightly interested, I resolved the problem by removing ZA and installing Comodo instead.

Also I combed every which way to clear dormant files and other impedimenta. So far so good, except for various Comodo linked pop-ups which I hope will be clobbered as they appear.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message