//some 3rd party need geo

a to z sort in microsoft works

Andy.F. 22:18 04 Mar 03

Appologies to your good inteligence for such a trivial question. I use word 97 and I am able to put a list I type out into alphabetical order using a/z sort under the table tab. My friend uses Microsoft Works word processor that come with windows xp and would like the same option but we are unable to find it. Can anyone please explain how to enable the a to z sort option if it's available in Microsoft Works word processor....I think it's version 2000.....thankyou very much...Andrew.

VoG™ 22:25 04 Mar 03

As far as I understand it the word processor included with Works is Word.

You have to select the text first, then Table/Sort from the Menu.

This works with Word 6.0 (at least) and onwards. Very useful for sorting lists of references even if they are not in a table.

Djohn 22:26 04 Mar 03

Works 2000 uses a different word processor I think, and this option probably is not available.

Works Suite 2003 has the same word processor as Office XP and does have this option. J.

MAJ 22:37 04 Mar 03

Djohn is correct, that option is not available in Works 2000.

VoG™ 22:41 04 Mar 03

I stand corrected. Thanks Gents.

Andy.F. 22:49 04 Mar 03

VoG™,Djohn,MAJ.thankyou for a quick response and for taking the bother to answer. I've cut n pasted your replies and will give to my mate...once again, many thanks. Andrew.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…