Yuri's Revenge Internet gaming and access problem

corc 11:10 16 Feb 03

My friend plays games on the net but has recently started having problems.
He mainly plays Yuri's Revenge via the Westwood site and Rogue Spear via Gamespy.
The problems are
1. Cannot connect to westwood because of internal Yuri error and also cannot play the game on his computer because as soon as he builds a base it blows itself up.
2. Gamespy(latest version) will not run and reports a multitude of errors (mainly .dll) too numerous to mention.
He has tried uninstalling and re-installing Yuri but the problem is still there.
He has used System Restore to an earlier point but the problems are still there.
He has uninstalled AOL but now cannot re-install it as an error is reported in setup.exe.
System is: WinXP Pro, 1Ghz Athlon, 256 RAM, NVidia GForce2 200, Intel Modem. Norton anti-virus is installed.
The only programmes affected seem to be internet related.
Does anyone have any ideas/pointers please apart from a complete re-format and re-installation?

Star5 12:01 16 Feb 03

Try running DirectX diagnostic tool, go to start/run, type in dxdiag. Have a look through to see if there are any problems there. Save the information (some where easy to find, file normaly called dxdiag.txt)and then have a check through it to see if there is anything wrong.

I have had to do this in the past when I had some missing .dll files and reinstalling or updating DirectX solved this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…