ytb3.exe - wont defrag.

john bunyan 15:39 31 Jul 08

I defragged but got a report that a 2MB file ...Docs and Settings/Local Settings/Tempy/ytb3.exe could not be defragmented. I just installed latest CCleaner version 2.19.618 and believe this file is to do with the Yahoo toolbar. I dont mind having it as an option but dont like bugs in the defrag report. How do I correct this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 31 Jul 08

As it is a temp file then delete it.

skidzy 16:33 31 Jul 08

yes you are correct it is the Yahoo toolbar,did you untick the option from within ccleaner before you installed the latest version of cc (most do).

john bunyan 19:21 31 Jul 08

Fruit Bat/|0/\ ,skidzy. Thanks, I'll delete it. I downloaded the CCleaner before running it but failed to notice the option form - where is it?

skidzy 19:31 31 Jul 08

John i guess you just went next-next -next upon installation,if so,you just went right past it.

You should be able to remove the toolbar from add and remove programs.

john bunyan 19:55 31 Jul 08

skidzy. Thanks.I did remove toolbar as you suggest but the file seems still to be there as reported by defrag and search. I cannot get win explorer (XP Pro)to find it. I go to Docs and Settings but Then I dont see "Local Settings" or a Temp folder. I did look in windows temp but it wasn't there. I have not yet restarted the PC - maybe it will dissapear. Otherwise perhaps it is worth uninstalling CCleaner and carefully reinstalling it. This did not happen with the previous version of CCleaner.

john bunyan 20:13 31 Jul 08

skidzy. Now found file after revealing hidden files . But when I try to delete it it says "access denied,file may be in use". Is there a way of overcoming this ? I did remove the Yahoo toolbar folder.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:16 31 Jul 08

Reinstall CCleaner with the toolbar options.

Then uninstall the toolbar from Add/remove software.

then delete the folder.

john bunyan 20:30 31 Jul 08

skidzy. Fruit Bat/\0/\. Got rid of it in the end by starting in safe mode and deleting it. Problem now solved. Thanks for your helpful suggestions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…