youtube won't play.

elbecko 08:54 28 Dec 08

hi there.

something really strange is happening. everytime i try to play a youtube video it'll play for only 2 seconds and then get stuck!!!
even if i wait for it to buffer i'll hit play again and it'll only play for another 2 seconds! this is very weird.

i can play songs from 'my music' and films that i have in 'my videos', its just youtube, yet yesterday it was fine.

any ideas on this please?

User-1229748 09:03 28 Dec 08

no help to you i'm afraid just to say it happens to me and my mates aswell :o(

sunnystaines 10:10 28 Dec 08

free software "speebit" helps speed up download videos click here

also to note while i was watching youtube [japanes sites] windows defender picked up a trojan, you might have one too.

starion1 20:09 15 Jan 09

Hi,
I too have been having trouble with Kaspersky in the background when Youtube is playing (or not as is the case).. After lots of fiddling and tweaking, I have found that if you set the 'Web Traffic' in the Anti-Malware to 'Low' you can start watching again. I tried it at various levels on the best protection it can offer is the Low setting. Better than turning it off all together. It must have been something the boffins at Kaspersky put in one of there updates because Youtube played with no probs before last week.. Hope this works for you I know how frustrating this can be. Let me know Thanks Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…