Youtube want to change username

thumbscrew 10:23 AM 29 Jan 13

Just tried and failed to sign in to Youtube. Box appeared and told me that I must change my sign in details to use my full name. Anyone ditto?

Chronos the 2nd 10:40 AM 29 Jan 13

Nope just signed out and signed back in using my usual Google account details. So not sure why you are getting that request but it sounds dodgy so I would certainly not give out these details.

thumbscrew 10:45 AM 29 Jan 13

Thanks Chronos, looked kosher and I can't sign in with my correct details??

thumbscrew 11:20 AM 29 Jan 13

My brother's just called me, same thing for him, seems like it's genuine and they're forcing everyone to display their Google registration name to post.Do a search on it.

Chronos the 2nd 11:55 AM 29 Jan 13

As I said did not happen to me.

lotvic 12:13 PM 29 Jan 13

YouTube sign in, you use your email address and Password.

I kept getting that YouTube wants to use my proper name from my Google account.

After getting tangled up in the flipping thing, I finally backtracked to original screen clicked on 'I don't want to' and on next window clicked on the icon button of 2 people and 'want to use 2 names' and voila, I got my home page and nothing changed except a green strip notice at the top that said 'You have not updated your name Learn more about using your full name on YouTube, and update at any time'

thumbscrew 17:41 PM 29 Jan 13

Hello lotvic, I got so frustrated that I opted for the change, posted a test reply on there and my name's now proudly displayed for all to see....regretting it already!

lotvic 21:41 PM 29 Jan 13

You can edit it back, you have that option, I'll log in later and try to find the option.

thumbscrew 22:27 PM 29 Jan 13

Thanks amigo.

thumbscrew 23:09 PM 29 Jan 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone