Youtube want to change username

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13

Just tried and failed to sign in to Youtube. Box appeared and told me that I must change my sign in details to use my full name. Anyone ditto?

Chronos the 2nd 29 Jan 13

Nope just signed out and signed back in using my usual Google account details. So not sure why you are getting that request but it sounds dodgy so I would certainly not give out these details.

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13

Thanks Chronos, looked kosher and I can't sign in with my correct details??

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13

My brother's just called me, same thing for him, seems like it's genuine and they're forcing everyone to display their Google registration name to post.Do a search on it.

Chronos the 2nd 29 Jan 13

As I said did not happen to me.

lotvic 29 Jan 13

YouTube sign in, you use your email address and Password.

I kept getting that YouTube wants to use my proper name from my Google account.

After getting tangled up in the flipping thing, I finally backtracked to original screen clicked on 'I don't want to' and on next window clicked on the icon button of 2 people and 'want to use 2 names' and voila, I got my home page and nothing changed except a green strip notice at the top that said 'You have not updated your name Learn more about using your full name on YouTube, and update at any time'

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13

Hello lotvic, I got so frustrated that I opted for the change, posted a test reply on there and my name's now proudly displayed for all to see....regretting it already!

lotvic 29 Jan 13

You can edit it back, you have that option, I'll log in later and try to find the option.

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13

Thanks amigo.

thumbscrew 29 Jan 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message