Youtube taking very long to load

Ronyap 11:42 26 Oct 06

hi,

Youtube never seemed to be a problem in the past, but these days, it is taking ages to load a video.

My firewalls are off. And I have got Broadband. Can anyone tell me why it is soo slow?

Thanks.

Ronyap 11:44 26 Oct 06

How long does it take you to load a 24 minute video?

Its taken me more than 10 minutes. :S

Ronyap 12:40 26 Oct 06

I have just tried to load the video file again once it has finished. Usually it would load faster becoz I have already loaded it before. I then loaded it a third time, but the speed of loading it remained slow.

Why is this? I have allocated 50mb of cache already. Isnt this enough? I really need help. Why isnt Youtube doing what it is meant to?

Thanks

john-232317 12:43 26 Oct 06

For a start put your firewall back on quickish ;-)

Run a virus check and if ok run crap cleaner, then defrag your pc.

Ronyap 23:01 27 Oct 06

Are you sure defragging my PC will work? I thought it was something to do with the Internet. I always run my Crap Cleaner after I come off the Internet.

That leaves scanning my PC. I doubt I have a virus or anything since everything else works perfectly well.

john-232317 06:38 02 Nov 06

Have you got an upto date flash player ?

Try this click here it will download them onto your PC for you, it may be quicker.

alone_smiling 01:26 07 Nov 11

I am having a same problem from long time when I type www.youtube.com then it will not even load just say connecting... for whole day. so what i am doing is I bookmarked the history page of youtube and just click there and it load in less then 3 sec and just search new song in search bar.

but if there is any solution then it would be great .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…