YOUTUBE slowdown

muscic lover 16:07 19 Aug 07

I am using Windows XP and have a have a well specified computer, but I'm having trouble watching youtube.com.
Most of the videos take ages to load even short ones.
This happens even when I am using youtube and with nothing else in the background running.

I have scanned my computer with various antispyware tools and it seems to be free of bugs and nasty things, it just happened to go slow, I had even try to use system restore all to no avail.

Any ideas? I am stuck, can you help?

Many thanks

Kate B 16:14 19 Aug 07

It's probably your internet connection. What speed do you have and what do you actually achieve? Also, many ISPs use traffic-shaping measures to control their bandwidth. That usually means throttling downloads, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they also slowed down the speeds on sites like YouTube, which munch bandwidth.

Stuartli 17:39 19 Aug 07

I used to have a 2MB connection - viewing of YouTube videos was no different to that of my current 6MB+ connection.

Try downloading and installing the latest K-Lite Standard Codecs Pack from:

click here

Stuartli 19:19 19 Aug 07

What's wrong with using MSCONFIG?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…