Youtube Freezing

thumbscrew 19:12 18 Jul 08

My Youtube clips keep freezing recently...stops for a few seconds...an onscreen circle appears and then it resumes playing, but happens again. I never used to get any problems...anyone else getting the same?

citadel 19:24 18 Jul 08

either the sites slow or your broadbands running slow.

rdave13 19:34 18 Jul 08

As citadel. I usually find that running Ccleaner helps though.

thumbscrew 20:13 18 Jul 08

Thanks both...rdave, I've downloaded Ccleaner and clicked clean...anything I shouldn't have removed?

rdave13 20:20 18 Jul 08

First have a look at what it cleans. If you like to keep all you history then untick the boxses for you different browsers. I also untick 'delete recycle bin' just in case. Otherwise leave as default.
Ccleaner has a mild registry cleaner that will allow you to back-up to your 'my documents'. If you use the reg cleaner then suggest to save at least one back-up.
Once you are happy then clear out your temp folders and browser cashe. Close Ccleaner and try your you-tube video again.

thumbscrew 20:36 18 Jul 08

Thanks rdave...one more query, I use both IE and Firefox, but Firefox isn't listed on the Ccleaner screen??????

thumbscrew 20:40 18 Jul 08

Oops, ok rdave, found it under Applications...thanks brother.

rdave13 20:43 18 Jul 08

For the you-tube problem you only need to run the cleaner from the 'windows' tab or 'application' tab.

thumbscrew 21:26 18 Jul 08

Thanks pal...on it now.

Drpeter 10:30 07 Mar 09

I have eaxctly the same problem and use Ccleaner every day - so that has not solved the problem. I have also re-installed quicktime and also the latest Flash. Any further advice - PLEASE?
Peter

rdave13 17:27 07 Mar 09

Check your broadband speed. As a temporary measure try speedbit video accelerator, not highly rated but worth a try. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant