YouTube & Flash Player

Rob Gibson 09:48 23 Oct 07

Hi,

Having looked through previous postings, I know my question has been asked before, but none of the answers solve my problem.

On trying to watch a YouTube video I get: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player".

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the flash plug-in using the tech notes on the Adobe web site, but it's still no-go.

The thing is that it used to work last time I tried, and I don't think I've changed anything.

Interestingly the video here click here works, and the video on the right of the screen here click here does too, but none of the others.

I'm using Opera, but the same thing happens in IE.

Any ideas?

Rob.

skidzy 11:58 23 Oct 07

This question often pops up and this seems to do the trick.

Use the adobe uninstaller click here

Run Ccleaner to rid the system of any remanants of the uninstall click here

Reboot and download Flashplayer from click here

Note one for Non-IE and one for IE

Rob Gibson 12:12 23 Oct 07

Thanks for the reply.

I'd already done what you suggested, but did it again anyway.

No change!

Gimothy 11:47 24 Oct 07

I'm wondering whether you use any norton products. I had exactly the same problem yesterday, tried system restore, uninstally flash player; a multitude of things. Then i looked in my norton vity log, and in the content blocking list there were a number of entries for javacript urls at youtube.com. Norton was clearly blocking the necessary javascript to run the videos.

So i turned off ad blocking, hey presto, they worked. I turned it back on and they still worked! Must have just been norton getting its wires crossed.

asdachick 12:18 24 Oct 07

i had probs with u tube too,but i turned my ad blocking off and it worked but unfortunately didnt when i turned it back on ,can i somehow allow ads for u tube somehow

Rob Gibson 14:59 24 Oct 07

Gimothy,

You're a star!

Turned off the ad-blocking and everything worked. Turned it on again, and it still works!

PCA Helproom does it again.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…