Youtube download no longer possible?

rickf 13 Oct 12

I have been using final video dowload to capture youtube videos to my h/d. beeen working perfectly until recently. it just can't download anymore and my laptop freezes after trying. has this got anything to do with google taking over youtube? have tried other software as well but just no go. have you had the same problem. the same thing with my desktop. i'm running windows 7.

BT 13 Oct 12

We use Youtube Downloader Basic which works OK

Download from

YouTube Downloader

rickf 13 Oct 12

Does not work for me. Tried others as well and it seems that Google/Youtube has blocked downloading due to possible infringements of copyrights. Google the prob today and lots of people are having the same difficulty.

rickf 13 Oct 12

BTW, Pcadvisor site is at a snail's pace!!

Forum Editor 13 Oct 12

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

rdave13 13 Oct 12

I've been having problems with the YouTube site. IE keeps freezing when typing in the search box on the site. It will recover the tab and eventually get there. Same happening with Firefox and on another PC running XP. I use aTube Catcher and that downloaded successfully. I'm running Safari now and it seems ok on this browser. Not sure if it has something to do with the latest updates.

lotvic 13 Oct 12

Not just me then with the Browser freezing problems, I'm using Firefox and getting freeze-ups and taskmanager showing 50 to a 100% CPU usage.

Eargasm 14 Oct 12

@rdave....... I was having the same problem with Youtube freezing, although it did eventually recover, It seemed to start after last weeks Windows updates.... It turned out a nVidea Graphics card update sorted out the problem for me.

lotvic 14 Oct 12

Browser update seems to have cured my probs, am now using FF16

Zeppelyn 15 Oct 12

Working fine for me using IE9 and keepvid.com

lotvic 15 Oct 12

Apparently YouTube did some alterations middle of Sept and lots of downloaders had problems after that. My FFox Download Helper needed to be updated before it would work properly.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message