Your thoughts please

slowhand_1000 23:46 17 Nov 03

on this site I am building for a friend.

click here

One of my main concerns was the speed that it loaded. Someone on dial up informed me it took "way to long" to load. Though they admit that their pc is a bit long in the tooth.

Any other comments to help improve it would be more than welcome.

cheers

slowhand

No, I wouldnt say thats too slow and the importatant text is up straight away. and very good it is too, very sharp with great graphics.

good stuff, your friend should be happy.

granpa geek 08:26 18 Nov 03

Sorry slow in N.7, also rollover link not showing(3rd down) not looking to check as site does not allow go back one page, otherwise composition OK colors second priority to info.

MichelleC 08:54 18 Nov 03

No probs with b/b, and it's very impressive. My only comment would be to maybe change text to maybe blue to match theme.

PurplePenny 21:47 18 Nov 03

I'm on dial up and my PC is long in the tooth but it didn't take long to load. I'm using Opera7 so maybe that made a difference. It was certainly well within my not-going-to-wait-any-longer time limit.

It looks really good, gives a very professional image to the company - I hope that your friend will be suitably grateful.

Just a couple of things to put right. There is a missing apostrophe ("By evaluating each individual customers needs") but I know that it is only a typo because all the others are correct. Another typo - you have "no no" ... hmm can't find it again ... somewhere you have a double "no"!

A minor quibble - "Giving easy access to all main motorways Spark and Wire Erosion are never far away." would read better as "With easy access from ...." "Giving" is a continuation of the previous sentence so you could use it if you ran the two together.

There was one thing that really did begin to grate on my nerves though ..... I was really, really fed up with "Spark and Wire Erosion" in every paragraph, sometimes twice.

Other than those few things though I think that you should be very pleased with it ... and so should your friend.

Penny

Forum Editor 21:55 18 Nov 03

with the loading time on a broadband connection, but then you would expect none - it's a lean, clean site.

I completely endorse PurplePenny's comments on the text anomalies - particularly the one concerning repetition. It isn't necessary to keep repeating the name of the company - say 'we' occasionally, and you'll see how much easier it reads.

A good little site - your friend has nothing to complain of.

slowhand_1000 22:45 18 Nov 03

to you all for the feedback.

grandpa geek. I'm not sure why it acts like it does on Netscape. This is only the 3rd site I have constructed and I am still at the bottom of the learning curve. If anyone has any ideas why? Or if there is anyone else who could try it on Netscape to see if it happens to them I would be grateful.

MichelleC. I have suggested using another colour text to my friend, but it seems black is the colour wanted. Though I did try it in a blue that was nearly black and it looked ok.

PurplePenny. Many thanks for the tips on the typo errors. The text was supplied by my friend so I have passed on your comments to him. I see what you mean now about Spark and Wire being mentioned time after time. The site had a few more pages than it does now and the text was copied off them and compiled into fewer pages.

I will tick this as resolved and get the amends done.

Once again many thanks for the feedback. Next site coming soon lol.

cheers

slowhand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…