Your system has recovered from a serious error....

Leigha 21:16 01 Jun 03

Hello. When i boot up or restart my pc, i get the message saying that my pc has recovered from a serious error, blah blah blah, i know what the box means. I have sent the error report to Microsoft and i have also pressed dont send but it takes three presses of dont send or send error report until the message disaperas. I understand that if there is a critical error then this would show its face but it happens if i shut down when nothing is wrong.

I have recently installed SP1 and all the security updates from Windows update. I am running XP Pro, AMD Athlon xp 1800, MX440 Nvidia, loadsa mem can anyone help ?

-pops- 07:05 02 Jun 03

The easiest way to get over this would be a re-install of Windows.

I'm not the expert on these things but this will get you back to the top page.

Can you give some info on you level of experience so that it you do have to delve into the machine, the replies can be pitched at the right level?

powerless 07:18 02 Jun 03

When you press the send on the eror report it should open up a window where it will contact microsoft and they will tell you what the problem is (if it's kown) and if there is a fx (if there is on)

Does this happen?

If not then you can see this error by looking at the systems logs.

If you go start > Run and type: eventvwr.msc

Click ok.

Now click on SYSTEM and look for error and just click the log. It will constain a little bit of information and at the end of the log there will be a link, so just click it. Hopefully then you'll see the problem and a possible fix (if there is on)

wawadave 07:35 02 Jun 03

is your system free of spyware? if no d/l spybot search and destroy update it run it.
next try these links
free trojin scan
click here
panda scan
click here
click here
d/l mcafee,s stinger
click here

wawadave 07:36 02 Jun 03

allso look in device manager and see if theres any problems showing.
allso you might try system restore to be for you started haveing the problem

wiznyme 10:17 02 Jun 03

Does the system work ok when your using it?

Do you get pop-up messages saying windows couldn't close some app?

Try this before shutting down and see if you still get the same error:

1 Hit the control,alt & del key's at same time.

2 Click on application tab

3 End all task's listed

4 Try rebooting and see if you get the same error

The Spires 10:24 02 Jun 03

You could try running System File Checker, it's a good place to start, Click Start, Run, type cmd then click OK to launch the Command Prompt DOS window.

Type 'sfc/scannow' (without the quotation marks'. Put your WindowsXP CD ROM in the Cd rom, & have a cup of tea. You will probably need the SP1 Cd as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…