Your recommendations for DVD combo

seedie 12:05 25 Aug 03

My Philips CD-RW is on it's last legs and I thought a new DVD reader come CD writer would be just the job. I have Nero 5.5 already,and judging by the number of coasters I've made recently, a burnproof one would be helpful. I don't want a DVD writer.

What do you reckon.

CD

-pops- 12:11 25 Aug 03

Not checked prices recently but it used to be that you could get a CDRW and a separate DVD ROM for less than the price of a combo. If you have room, I would check out that possibility.

seedie 12:23 25 Aug 03

Thanks pops but used up all four IDE channels and have desktop case so short of space too.

-pops- 12:26 25 Aug 03

Oh!!

I'll leave it to someone else then. I don't know anything about combo drives (always avoided them!)

Kryten 12:57 25 Aug 03

Have a look at this page 7th from top click here I have an earlier model and have had no problems. Postage is £5. Postage here is a few days as I have had quite a few things from this company.

dazadude 13:20 25 Aug 03

I bought this one click here about nine months ago and have no problems with it at all so far.

It has "buffer underrun prevention technology", which I believe means burnproof, but I think it would be difficult to find one without that these days. No probs from the fact it is a combo.

seedie 19:27 25 Aug 03

bump

The Sack 19:41 25 Aug 03

Liteon do a good one for £43 click here

Philip2 19:50 25 Aug 03

I run an LG combo drive it works very well i have had no problems but it will only work with the Easy CD Creator Version that came with the drive
and in no way will it work with Nero.

seedie 21:06 25 Aug 03

Thanks for all your input.

Combos seem ok so it probably be Scan or CCL, both of which I have done biz with before.

Thanks again

CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…