Your opinion on these laptops/processors please?

buel 09:57 17 Dec 08

Hi, i am currently using a 2 year old Medion laptop which isn't actually too bad considering it only cost £400, my question is that it uses an Intel(R)Celeron(R) M CPU 410 @ 1.46 Ghz and im thinking of buying a new laptop recommended in January's Pc Advisor which is the Advent 5511 and uses a '2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo mobile P7350' processor, what i want to know is how better/quicker is the above processor compared to what i currently use?
Ps- for just £50 more i could get the other laptop in the magazine which is the Medion Akoya S5610 which uses the same processor but has 1GB more Ram and 130GB more capacity hard drive, i was under the impression that medion is a 'cheapy' make of laptop compared to, say, Toshiba or Sony etc etc (i dont know an awful lot about laptops, as you can see!)
Thankyou in advance...

FatboySlim71 10:33 17 Dec 08

I have a laptop with a Core 2 Duo 2ghz processor. Although I cannot answer your question,

"how better/quicker is the above processor compared to what i currently use?"

All I can tell you is they are a superb processor and I was extremely surprised at the speed of it. I would be very surprised if you didn't see an improvement over your present one.

ambra4 10:42 17 Dec 08
  ambra4 11:15 17 Dec 08

Medion Akoya S5610 review

click here

citadel 11:19 17 Dec 08

notebookcheck.net has all you need to know about laptops.

Tony W. 11:33 17 Dec 08

I recently installed Driver Max.After checking for updates and probably because my system is a few years old quite a long list of updates came up.

Most of the updates have now been installed and my computer is running very well.

One small problem in Device Manager against other devices,Unibrain 1394 PC there are now two yellow question marks which were not there previously.

I ran the update check again and Driver Max shows this device Unibrain 1394 as being up to date so I am a bit confused.

Not sure what to do leave it alone or perhaps use the roll back to previous drivers option.

Many thanks

Tony.

buel 11:37 17 Dec 08

Hi Tony, i think you should start your own thread!

Tony W. 11:44 17 Dec 08

Dear Bruel

I am very sorry my mistake I was reading this particular thread and forgot to go back to the main page before making my own post.I will try again.

Very Sorry,

Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac