your opinion 5.1 speakers for my pc

malgall 14:43 20 Jan 04

i wish to get surrond sound on my pc i am using onboard realtek ac97 until i found that they say you get 10% or more loss of cpu due to it doing the sound .
looked around and decided i am getting the creative audigy 2 zs for £85 .
now speakers i only looking at 5.1 for games and dvd films
i am thinking videologic 550 i have the 200 now

your advice please

That is a good soundcard manufactured by a good company, so why not stick with Creative and buy their speakers too. I had a set of 5.1 surround speakers from creative and they sounded awesome when banged up loud (very rare occurence cos the missus complained).

For around £70 (you may get them cheaper), you can get the Creative labs 5700, which have 5 satellite speakers and a sub woofer...you also get a little volume control knob which is like a small knob in the shape of a computer mouse.

regards

Graham

Gaz 25 17:15 20 Jan 04

Go for creative.

Not sure about 10% CPU loss (maybe slower at processing music and thus using CPU power) but cirtainly better sound.

Gaz 25 17:15 20 Jan 04

Go for creative.

Not sure about 10% CPU loss (maybe slower at processing music and thus using CPU power) but cirtainly better sound.

Diemmess 17:26 20 Jan 04

Altec Lansing make a range........With much less expectations I was delighted with 4.1. at about twice the price of the starter type of tin cans.

Humble onboard sound card, but great sound from small but hefty twins and sub-woofer. If you can save yourself money and try the surround version, I don't think you will be any scrap disappointed.

I have the same onboard sound as you and bought the Creative 5.1 speakers that Spyman is referring to. It makes a very decent set-up.

Try Creative's own website - I bought mine from there when they were on offer. It was much cheaper than anywhere alse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…