your opinion 5.1 speakers for my pc

malgall 14:43 20 Jan 04

i wish to get surrond sound on my pc i am using onboard realtek ac97 until i found that they say you get 10% or more loss of cpu due to it doing the sound .
looked around and decided i am getting the creative audigy 2 zs for £85 .
now speakers i only looking at 5.1 for games and dvd films
i am thinking videologic 550 i have the 200 now

your advice please

That is a good soundcard manufactured by a good company, so why not stick with Creative and buy their speakers too. I had a set of 5.1 surround speakers from creative and they sounded awesome when banged up loud (very rare occurence cos the missus complained).

For around £70 (you may get them cheaper), you can get the Creative labs 5700, which have 5 satellite speakers and a sub woofer...you also get a little volume control knob which is like a small knob in the shape of a computer mouse.

regards

Graham

Gaz 25 17:15 20 Jan 04

Go for creative.

Not sure about 10% CPU loss (maybe slower at processing music and thus using CPU power) but cirtainly better sound.

Gaz 25 17:15 20 Jan 04

Go for creative.

Not sure about 10% CPU loss (maybe slower at processing music and thus using CPU power) but cirtainly better sound.

Diemmess 17:26 20 Jan 04

Altec Lansing make a range........With much less expectations I was delighted with 4.1. at about twice the price of the starter type of tin cans.

Humble onboard sound card, but great sound from small but hefty twins and sub-woofer. If you can save yourself money and try the surround version, I don't think you will be any scrap disappointed.

I have the same onboard sound as you and bought the Creative 5.1 speakers that Spyman is referring to. It makes a very decent set-up.

Try Creative's own website - I bought mine from there when they were on offer. It was much cheaper than anywhere alse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…