Is your ISP offering a broadband speed upgrade?

961 19:01 27 Apr 06

Mine recently offered an upgrade to the max stable speed for free. Living in a rural area more than 6km from the exchange I was thinking that my 512kbps might with a bit of luck get up to 750kbps or even 1Mb

Upgrade day arrived and lo and behold the thing has been running at 3.7Mb ever since

Worth a try if BT has got round to your exchange and your ISP is willing!

Stuartli 19:09 27 Apr 06

A happy story for once...:-)

Diodorus Siculus 19:09 27 Apr 06

Sounds good!

BT are offering me 8mb but for another year's contract. I'll wait a while and see what comes up when my contract expires in June.

chub_tor 19:12 27 Apr 06

f2s upgraded me to Max for £5 and at the same time increased download cap from 2Gb to 5Gb all for £14.99 per month.

961 19:16 27 Apr 06

Mine (Freenetname) actually offered up to 8MB but I was told that the actual speed achieved would depend on the actual line quality etc

I'm highly delighted, but I guess I'm on a line which has had work recently and which has very few other broadband customers

The Spires 20:03 27 Apr 06

I'm some way out in the sticks & I have managed to double my speed up to just under 3, a worthwhile improvement!

Stuartli 23:55 27 Apr 06

Wow...:-)

TalkTalk provides that, along with a 40GB cap, free UK and international calls to 28 countries and your line rental for £20.99.

I know which I prefer...:-)

Giggle n' Bits 01:44 28 Apr 06

Just become a EX Wanadoo customer today since having no Broadband since Feb 02 using Dial up with another isp. Anyone who does get offered a upgrade to a Higher Speed, Make sure LLU doesn't come into the equation. Trust Me, x Hundred phone calls & emails and now on Dial up isn't good. It slightly better at this time of night but during daytime hours its a pain.

CurlyWhirly 06:32 28 Apr 06

I'm with AOL and have been with them for over 5 years but I'm planning to migrate as Platinum customers will be upgraded first and that won't be until the end of June at the earliest and so it might be 6 months before I can upgrade as I'm only on Gold!

I'm not waiting though as migrating to another ISP I can get on to Max DSL straight away and save myself £10 a month as well.

It is a capped service (20 GB a month) but I rarely download more than 5 GB a month so I'm not worried.

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:45 28 Apr 06

I'm on Tiscali 2mb uncapped, and I contacted them last week about upgrading. Got an unpromising response along the lines "We will be offering the increased speeds at some time in the future, but are unable to confirm a date etc etc". My contract expires in June and I will be looking to go elsewhere.

Genius1 12:56 28 Apr 06

Wanadoo are also offering a free 8Mb broadband upgrade, but only on lines that can support it(mine can't).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…