'your AGP is not enabled'- how do I enable it ?

dagbladet 11:38 11 Dec 03

Win 98.
After a reformat everything seems OK. However AIDA shows a problem which reads; 'your AGP is not enabled this may result in performance penalty'. I've looked every where but can't find where to enable it.

Gongoozler 11:50 11 Dec 03

This is probably a BIOS setting. Depending on your motherboard, it could be under the "Advanced Chipset Features" menu, and is probably something like "AGP-4x mode" that you need to enable. If you have an AGP graphics card, the AGP itself must be enabled or the card wouldn't work.

jim1947 11:52 11 Dec 03

Probably a setting in your BIOS. Hit DEL or F8 or F2 whatever it is on your PC to enter BIOS as you boot (A message should appear at the bottom of the screen), and look in "chipset settings" or "advanced" to find the option to enable/disable AGP.

lpl56407 11:53 11 Dec 03

Try this click here

jim1947 11:53 11 Dec 03

Sorry, we posted at the same time.

Gongoozler 12:27 11 Dec 03

Hi jim1947 - Yes but great minds....

dagbladet 12:41 11 Dec 03

thanks all, trying that now.

dagbladet 12:22 13 Dec 03

I've looked every where in the bios and can't find anything that is close to AGP enable/disable, any other thoughts ?

Gongoozler 12:35 13 Dec 03

Tell us what motherboard you have, and we'll see what we can find.

dagbladet 13:14 14 Dec 03

Thanks Gongoozler, i'm at my brothers for the weekend. I'll be back at my machine tomorrow night and i'll run aida to get that info.

Rayuk 15:44 14 Dec 03

Sometimes in the bios there is a setting for vga pci/agp just set it to agp,although it checks the pci if no card it goes onto the agp[a very short time in doing so]

If your agp is not enabled and you have an agp card how is it you can see anything on your monitor at all?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…