You tube Videos dont play on IE

kat64 21:25 PM 07 May 12

I have Windows 7 Pro and when i try to play a youtube video nothing happens,It says I need to download the latest Adobe Flash which i have done but still nothing. that happens on IE 8 and IE 9. i have changed over to Google chrome and the youtube videos play no problem. the reason I wanted IE was because i use Freecorder and it is not compatble on Chrome. Any help appreciated. Regards

rdave13 22:18 PM 07 May 12

I tried Freecorder once as I didn't have stereo-mix available for my audio chip. Big mistake as it caused no end of trouble. You have the toolbar on IE9 I suppose?

My suggestion is disable the toolbar in add-ons then uninstall Freecorder from programs and features, close IE9 while you do so. Reboot and run the registry cleaner within Ccleaner.

Download the latest Flash, here, don't forget to untick the box for google tool bar, close all browsers before installing, including messenger, windows live mail etc.

See if Flash player works in IE9 now.

If so we might be able to solve the first problem you had to make you install Freecorder.

northumbria61 23:22 PM 07 May 12

Adblock Plus prevents You Tube videos from playing on Firefox and has to be disabled - maybe it could be the same for IE - assuming you have an Ad-Blocker. I don't use IE so don't know for sure.

kat64 00:28 AM 09 May 12

rDave 13. Many thanks for your comments. I didnt realise before that Freecorder could be the cause of the problem. Anyway, I have now uninstalled Freecorder and also I uninstalled IE9 and reverted back to IE8, then I downloaded IE9 update and everything seems to be working ok now. Incidentally I do prefer Google Chrome and will probably use that in future. Again Many thanks Regards. K

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…