you tube formats

johnnyrocker 19:59 17 Aug 08

a friend of mine has the u tube d/loader which seems to work ok but when she wants to convert file it will to play on pc but she wants to be able to play on stand alone dvd player can anyone advice as to what format to use as she has not had much luck so far, win xp home and nero 4

johnnny

Jak_1 21:42 17 Aug 08

It will need to be in mpeg format, mpeg2 I think. Stand alone dvd players will not recognise avi files.

Save to pc is one of the best for downloading youtube vids and it will save in various formats.

click here

MCE2K5 21:57 17 Aug 08

No need to convert, Use this all in one package, DVD Flick click here

johnnyrocker 22:16 17 Aug 08

thanks will try that

johnny

FatboySlim71 22:57 17 Aug 08

SOME DVD players will play AVI files that have been created by Nero Vision for example, but some won't. The best thing to do would be to try creating a DVD-RW with Nero Vision of the AVI files, basically to determine if it will work on her DVD player, if not they will need to be converted to MPEG format.

I use Nero 8 so I am unsure if older versions of Nero have Nero Vision included.

Graham. 23:01 17 Aug 08

You may need to finalise the DVD. If RW, this is reversible so you can use it again.

johnnyrocker 20:23 24 Aug 08

sorry for the delay in replying, my thanks for an excellent tip which worked like a dream once i got to grips with it

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…