You just got to laugh!

anon1 17:00 12 Apr 04

I have noticeds recently that there is an increasing number of "undeliverable mail " notifications in one of my hotmail accounts. Without exception they are attempts to either send or inflict a virus. It just goes to show the stupidity of some of these "morons" trying to do this. Anyone with half a brain would soon realise it is just not possible to either send or receive a virus using hotmail. That of course is courtesy of dare I say it Microsoft. Amusing

anon1 18:14 12 Apr 04

<bump>

Forum Editor 18:49 12 Apr 04

often don't know they're doing it. When you get a message sent to your hotmail address it may have come from someone who has no idea that it's being sent to you - or indeed that it's being sent at all.

I may have a virus on my machine, and that virus may go looking for addresses to mail itself to - if you're in my address book you might be the chosen one.

In another scenario people have random address generators which produce thousands of addresses in a session. Lots of these will be hotmail addresses, although not all of them will be 'live' ones. Just pick any word @hotmail.com and the chances of it being an actual address are reasonably high.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now