You have files waiting to be written to the CD

Woodmouse 08:59 20 Sep 03

Using Roxio DVD & CD Creator 6 - Recently I have experienced a problem writing to re-writeable CD's. When dragging files to a re-writeable CD, the system logs the fact that I want to write the files, but displays . . . You have files waiting to be written to the CD. These show on the contents of the CD but slightly ghosted out. Any ideas ?

keith-236785 09:31 20 Sep 03

from what you have said i will presume you are using windows XP, win xp has built in cd writing which conflicts (stops working) when other cd writing software is installed ie roxio's as you stated.

there is a way to disable windows cd writing but unfortunately i dont know it (i read it in an earlier post on here).

just ignore the files that are waiting to be written (or right click them and delete) and use the roxio cd writing program to burn your files.

good luck

keith-236785 09:34 20 Sep 03

just re-read you original post, the greyed out files could actually be files already on your cd, dont know without seeing it for myself.

just wait a while for somone who knows better than me.

hugh-265156 09:37 20 Sep 03

they are greyed out because they are temp files.

click edit/select all then file/burn to cd.

hugh-265156 09:41 20 Sep 03

sorry and as paperman27 above says you seem to be using xp`s built in cd burning software.if so then this is normal.it might be conflicting with roxio.in which case:

disable the built in burning software by clicking control panel/administrative tools/services,scroll down to imapi cd burning and set to disable.restart the computer to take effect.

Woodmouse 10:36 20 Sep 03

Yes, I am using Windows XP - I will try out your solutions this afternoon.

DieSse 11:37 20 Sep 03

I use Roxio (V5) and the WindowsXP own CD writing facilities, with no conflicts or problems - so it's not true to say they can't work together

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…