you have files waiting ---

chippy+ 16:59 03 May 04

I have noticed that I have a new icon on my notifcation area of my task bar which (says you have some files waiting to be written)
Could anyone tell me where this has come from cheers
Chippy

stalion 17:00 03 May 04

are you useing a cd or dvd burner

chippy+ 17:11 03 May 04

Hi stalion
hte computer is one of two on a network bothe os are XP the one both have dvd and cd wtiters
but i have not been burning any files although i have been downloading the icon dosn't show all the time hope this helps
Chippy

stalion 17:21 03 May 04

check in my documents to see if there are any files you do not recognise.Also you could have the files in whatever software you are useing for moveie making.Regards

keith-236785 18:04 03 May 04

double click My computer, double click the icon for your cdrw drive, it will open and show some files which are waiting to be written to cd.

on the left are two links, Write these files to CD

&

Delete temporary files

highlight all the files (i think you have to highlight them) and click delete temporary files. (unless you want to write them to CD, in which case, put in a blank cd and click write these files to CD).

chippy+ 18:30 03 May 04

hi there paperman
clcked on My Computer found files to be writen seamed to be two program files ihave got installed cheked to see if i still had them in PROGRAM FILES c\ ok deleted them from my CD (files to be written to disc)I had trouble with my wireless mouse last week it had a mind of its own it now has a dustbin of its own
thanks for your help my thanks also to stalion
Chippy

keith-236785 20:02 04 May 04

does this mean that you are sorted now, if so can you tick the resolved box thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…