//some 3rd party need geo

You have files ready to be written to your CD

Woodmouse 06:29 08 May 04

Windows XP Home and I use Roxio CD Creator 6. Having moved some files from my hard drive to a re-writeable CD, I am now seeing a message on start-up, informing me that they were not written as I thought but are waiting to be written. When the ballon appears with this message, it says to click on it to view the files. I cannot get any further than this. How do I continue so that these files can be written to my CD please?

ened 06:38 08 May 04

Heve you checked the CD to see if they are on it?
If they are and you have checked them just delete the files from the progranne.

Doogie Howser 08:02 08 May 04

If you want to use Roxio you need to disable XPs built in CD writing facility. Right click on the CD writer icon in my computer, go to properties, recording and uncheck the 'enable cd writing on this drive' box.

It sounds like you'll want to delete the temporary files that windows makes of anything you copy to CD. There should be a CD icon in the taskbar (next to the clock). Double click it and it will take you to the folder containing the temporary files.

rawprawn 09:00 08 May 04

I have had exactly the same problem with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, I have tried disabling XP's CD writer but it didn't help me. The only thing that sorted my problem was to delete all the files as suggested, and re format the CD for drag & drop. I had to throw a couple away that would not re format. I don't want to muddy the waters on this & I am certainly no expert on RW CD's but I thought I would tell you what happened to me.It seems to be working OK just now so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…