you have chosen to open... Yieldmanager?

theDarkness 16:23 06 Jul 08

In mozilla i keep getting "you have chosen to open CGI file yieldmanager.com" when on the pcadvisor website, and a few others. It must be on my system rather than on these sites, but it then asks me to either open it or save it to disc. It could well be a useless pop up or spyware (so the results of google keep telling me) but opening or saving it to disc does nothing, and the system wont delete it in the sense that the message keeps coming back even when the file is recycled-anyone have an idea?

Pineman100 16:32 06 Jul 08

Yieldmanager appears to be a tracking cookie. Ad-Aware ought to remove it. Download and run it (free) from: click here

birdface 16:32 06 Jul 08

Try downloading Superantispyware and see if that gets rid of it.

birdface 16:59 06 Jul 08

Yieldmanager is usually hard to remove.I have my doubts whether Ad-Aware will remove it.But hope that I am wrong.

theDarkness 17:26 06 Jul 08

Id give them both a try, but only got the net at the moment on the laptop when its connected to my mobile, so anything over 2mb is a bit hit and miss with being able to download. Ill give both of them a go eventually, in the meantime ill try and find an old xp copy of adaware i might have on disc, although not sure it will work since it runs vista, and would still need to update it anyway. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…