You have be dissconected

Hetti 14:54 02 Mar 05

I run win ME on my second PC, the last two days I have been getting the message "You have been dissconected from the internet",

Also PC is Freezing up almost every hour, I tried a system restore but It gave me the message "cannot be restored to 27 Feb"

I have not installed any new software, infact this problem started after I did a scan disk and defrag.

Any ideas?

Yoda Knight 15:20 02 Mar 05

Format and start again.... ?

FelixTCat 15:34 02 Mar 05

Do you have a virus checker on the pc? If so, do a full scan.

You should also check for adware. If you don't have a scanner already, try click here or this click here

Both are free and very effective, provided you regularly update them. It would probably pay to get both and run them alternately, as one might catch problems the other doesn't.

Does this cut-off from the internet follow the use of any particular program, e.g. Outlook Express?

Hetti 15:36 02 Mar 05

Yoda Knight

Can you explain what you mean by Format please

Newbie here

Ill look back here tonight got to go out now

Hetti 15:40 02 Mar 05

Felix
I have Avg, adaware and spy blaster, i have run them, it happens the 2 sites I use most POGO and racing post, I will try other and let u know.

Yoda Knight 15:49 02 Mar 05

Ummm, maybe best to try a few other suggestions first.... ;)

Have you updated your AVG and AdAware and Spyblaster recently ?

Hetti 20:34 02 Mar 05

Yoda Knight

Only too happy to try other suggetions first (when they come)lol

I have updated all my security software.

I will watch this space!!

Hetti 22:11 02 Mar 05

Yoda Knight

I just ran AVG and found a virus Java/ByteVerify AVG healed 3 files, but said cannot move others to virus vault, will this be OK or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

sinbad1 22:21 02 Mar 05

turn off system restore and run av program,reboot and then turn on system restore you will lose all restore points and hopefully remove virus

sinbad1 22:32 02 Mar 05

if your not sure how tom do this click here here

woodchip 22:37 02 Mar 05

I would say Scandisk as made a mess of the drive. Rerun WinME setup after disabeling Anti-Virus. So it put's the windows files back in order. Your main files should be OK but backup if it makes you feel better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…