'you do not have permission to save '

Vashti 16:04 14 Jul 06

I am running windows XP SP2 and have always saved certain e mails to a CD. Since updating to windows explorer 7 if that is the cause, I don't know, whenever I click on save on these same e mails it tells me " you do not have permission to save in this directory, see the administrator for permission" I always sign in to my computer as an admninistrator but then I always have and it is nothing new. What's the problem please???

Fellsider 19:30 14 Jul 06

"...always saved certain e mails to a CD"
&
"I click on save on these same e mails..."

What do you mean by same e-mails?

If you are trying to save e-mails already saved on CD perhaps you are trying to save them to the CD!

Check the save path to ensure it's not trying to do this.

Jackcoms 20:39 14 Jul 06

"Since updating to windows explorer 7"

Or do you mean Internet Explorer 7 - which is a Beta and still 'buggy'.

Vashti 00:02 15 Jul 06

I mean the e mails I receive from the same source. They are new e mails but they will not save. They always did before I got explorer 7 Beta

Vashti 00:04 15 Jul 06

It is explorer 7 Beta. I don't know if it has affected anything or not. The e mails just will not save. They are new e mails from the same source that always saved no problem.

Vashti 22:13 17 Jul 06

I thought I would let you know that I had so much trouble saving anything at all to CD or DVD I decided to restore my computer to a point before installing explorer 7 Beta. Everything is fine now. It was obviously the Beta 7 explorer causing the problem. This is a warning to everyone about this download. Many thanks Jackcoms for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos