"you do not have digital ID" - meaning?

palinka 19:29 14 Feb 06

I wrote an email to a friend I write to regularly & whose address is in my address book. (OE & OS is ME)I clicked Send and message popped up "you do not have digital ID. the message will be sent but you will not be able to read it in your sent items folder".
The message was sent and I COULD read it in the sent items, so it seems unimportant, but can someone please tell me what caused the error message.

Gongoozler 19:34 14 Feb 06

As far as I can tell, this should only happen if you select Tools - Encrypt when you are composing the message.

wobblymike 19:39 14 Feb 06

in oe select tools - options - security and untick "digitally sign all outgoing messages"

palinka 19:40 14 Feb 06

Ah, right; thanks - I thought it might be a slip of the fingers but I didn't know which one or which key!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…