You can’t install Vista SP1 via Windows Update?

erbing 13:32 20 Mar 08
  xania 13:49 20 Mar 08

Does not exactly fill one with confidence about migrating to Vista, I'm afraid. Think I'll stick to XP Pro for the present, thank you very much!!

Jake_027 15:11 20 Mar 08

Oooh yes having to update drivers so that theres no conflict. I'm sure you never had to update drivers on XP! I have intel graphics and realtek AC97 audio and I've just installed SP1 via windows update, infact the driver updates are automatically sent out via windows update as optional installations when they are updated, at least for me anyway. Interesting to see the problem but had no problems here.

tullie 15:17 20 Mar 08

I havent had a problem!

Bob The Blob 15:20 20 Mar 08

I had no problems installing via windows update either!

anskyber 15:37 20 Mar 08

Now on SP1, it went in perfectly.

hssutton 15:45 20 Mar 08

The windows update worked perfectly for me also, mind you the 69.9mb file took 39 minutes to download and install

rdave13 15:51 20 Mar 08

Wouldn't show on Windows update so installed the stand alone version. No problems.

Pine Man 16:10 20 Mar 08

Wouldn't show on Windows update so installed the stand alone version. PROBLEMS.

The first attempt took about 20 minutes and failed. The second attempt took about 20 minutes and showed as successful - like hell.

At first every program I tried to run upset my firewall but that was soon resolved. Then I found that my boot up time was taking at least 4 or 5 times longer. Then I found that whatever I did caused the machine to freeze solid.

The good news - uninstall worked!

I am waiting for the Windows Update version before trying again.

anskyber 16:18 20 Mar 08

Looks like you have a problematic driver which will come down the pipe eventually before you are offered SP1 through updates.

woodchip 16:24 20 Mar 08

Shows that MS are washing there hands of your problems, If you load it.

Typical of MS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…